Deer in my Yard!?

I haven't felt like I've had anything good to say lately ... or nothing of any significance to anyone other than me.  I tend to like my life that way.  However, while catching up on the news, I heard some angry dogs and the fierce clacking of something hammering the pavement of the street in front of my house.  It was this:

A deer turns past my car (pictured below) and runs up the alley.
Well, actually, that is what I saw once I got my camera up to the door.  I was amazed!  It took me a bit to get my shoes, my phone, and my camera lens cap and ran off like a track star.  2 blocks up and 2 blocks over, I caught up with the panting deer.  It had gotten trapped in the backyard of 1004 S. 16th St.  Several neighbors had gathered by the time I got to the driveway around front to take more photos.  I then alerted the homeowner and called the police.  Their advice was to leave it alone but no one was coming.  I suppose it would have been different had it been a bear.  Here's my best shot:
Enjoy my entire album at https://picasaweb.google.com/bstmichael/DeerInTheTown?feat=directlink.  By the way, I'm not a track star and I can still hear my heart in my ears.  I'm going to go lay down.

P.S. I uploaded the short video I filmed while there http://youtu.be/NANNCd9y9PI.

Comments