Vacation (day 6): We're on a Road to Nowhere

It took me FOREVER to wake up today (and I'm falling asleep now). So we got a bit of a late start. Mom drove us all the way back to Sioux Falls. Riding shotgun, I got to take pictures of some of the things I'd seen while driving out the same way.

There was something of a kerfuffle about which route to take back. "Nana isn't going to be in Kansas City, so do we take the faster route home?" "If we want to cross into Nebraska just to say we've been there, do we stay on the interstate in Iowa and cross over or take the old 2-lane down?" "It's dark and starting to storm. Do we stay here or push on to Omaha?" I've discovered this sort of discussion gives me a migraine.

We're lucky to have gotten a room since the College World Series is going on here. Not only did we get a pool and breakfast, we got a discount.

I'm falling asleep while watching the US in the World Cup. I'll probably be asleep before it's over.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bstmichael/Vacation2010#

Comments

Brandon Haist said…
sounds like how a cat would travel - excitment followed by nap!

Good to hear you are getting some relaxation in. :)