Vacation (day 7): Just get me home?

 

It's hard to get motivated to blog the anti-climax of a vacation. In a sense, the quiet drive home was the most enjoyable part because it was so relaxing. Yes, I enjoyed the sites. Yes, I enjoyed my family. Yes, I enjoyed the romance of eating the last of our wedding cake in the Badlands.

Unlike the rest of the trip, there was no real pressure to get to or back from anywhere. Unlike the rest of the trip, there was little road construction. And once we decided on US-36, we knew where we were going.

I actually slept on the way home. With the traffic of Omaha behind us and crossing into Kansas fulfilled, all I had left to do was anticipate returning to the night shift and trying to find a time when it's NOT raining to mow my lawn.

Looking over the photos I took with my new camera, I had a sense of pride in the quality. I was glad to have those shared experiences with my family. It's good to know that mediocraty is escapable, that I can enjoy my family, and still live in daylight.

Comments